Legal bases in collecting Information
We rely on one or more of the following conditions when collecting information:
- You have given express consent to the processing of your personal data, for example when you consented to publishing a review or signed up for email updates.
- When processing is necessary to fulfil with our contractual obligations, for example, using your home address to deliver your order.
- When processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation, for example, we can pass on details of individuals suspended to be involved in credit card fraud
- When processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests; we sometimes require your data to pursue our legitimate interests as part of running our business and in a way that does not materially impact your rights. For example, we may use your purchase and or browsing history to market specific products we deem most relevant based on this history. We might also combine the shopping and browsing history of multiple visitors to identify products or services in high demand, or develop new products/services.
Collecting your Data
We collect personal data at the following points of your engagement with our website or business:
- When you visit our website
- When you make a purchase on our website
- When you create an account.
- When you contact us
- When you comment on or review product
We collect the following types of personal data:
When you browse our site, we might collect:
Your ip address, the origin of your visit (referral for example from a Google listing, direct entrance, etc), your location, pages you’ve viewed on our site and any search queries you might have entered.
If you signed up and created an account on our site, we have the additional details:
Your name, email, telephone number/s, address you provided, your order history and receipts if you have made purchases on our site, the ip address used when signing up, the origin of your visit when signing up (referral for example from a Google listing, direct entrance, etc), and any other details you voluntarily shared with us, such as your date of birth, formal title (also implying gender).
Additional information collected if you made a purchase with us:
Your name, email, telephone number/s, shipping and billing address you provided, such as your date of birth, formal title (also implying gender), products you purchased, your payment method (credit card/paypal).
If you contacted us via email, contact form or social media, we may use any information provided in order to resolve your query.
Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive or to your mobile device through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service provider’s systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information
You may browse the website anonymously by using a “private” browser mode on your browser and not providing any personal information to us throughout your session on our site. However, if you would like to make a purchase you will need to provide information required for payment and shipping.
Using your personal data:
We might use your data for the following purposes:
- To personalize your experience
- To improve our website
- To process transactions and deliver products ordered
- For marketing purposes
- To respond to queries
- To protect our website and business from credit card fraud
These are all considered part of our legitimate interest.
Protecting your personal data
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information. For example, we secure access to all transactional areas of our websites and apps using ‘https’ technology
All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted and processed via industry leading and highly secured payment gateways: Sagepay / Paypal
Access to your personal data is password-protected.
Sharing your personal data
It is sometimes necessary for us, in line with our legitimate interest, to share your personal data with trusted third parties. We provide only the information they need to perform their specific services and work closely with them to ensure they protect your privacy.
These third parties are comprised of IT companies who support our website, delivery couriers and SaaS web and marketing solutions providers. The full list of third party contractors we work with is available here - https://www.kosherwinecellar.co.uk/content/18-third-parties.
Some of these third parties are business from outside the EEA. We are committed to to ensuring your data receives GDPR protection regardless of where the third party is located.
Accessing your personal information
Some of the personal information that we collect accessible by logging in to your account. You also have the right to request to access other personal date we hold and to request corrections of any errors in that data. To make an access, correction, or deletion request, please contact us using the contact form or contact email on this site.
If you have any questions not answered by the above, please contact us.
last updated on 24/05/18